Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall Classic Week is Here!

Before I go into detail about the Fall Classic I wanted to let everyone know that I went on a golf outing with four members of my team last Friday.  WC had its Fall Break last weekend and we didn't have a meet, so going golfing sounded like a good idea.  I knew I was in trouble when Alek Erwin showed up without clubs and said he would share with Brad Kline.  The four of us(Pat Carroll being the 4th) terrorized Majestic Springs front 9.  I believe that 9 holes might be the longest it has ever taken me in a foursome to complete 9 holes-that will happen when people in your foursome shoot in the 70's for 9 holes.  I had actually never seen anyone hit a ball sideways but Alek pulled that feat off on hole number 7.    Fall Classic is a great week-I always look forward to this meet.  In its 19 years, it has grown from a handful of teams up to 36 competing teams this year.  The men and the women should be able to finish high with solid runs.  On the women's side watch for Ohio State(B team), Cumberland University(ranked top 25 in NAIA), MaComb Community College(Ranked #2 in National Junior College Rankings), Wittenberg(opened the year at #5 in the Great Lakes Region Poll, Wright State(D1), Findlay(D2 and won the Classic in 2010), Huntington(strong NAIA).  On the men's side watch for Ohio State(B Team), Wright State, Cumberland University, Berea(Strong NAIA), Findlay. The women's race starts at 4:30 and the men's race starts at 5:15.  We will also debut an Elementary Race this year at 6:00pm which will include 32 kids from our Junior Program that includes kindergarten through sixth grade.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment